Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I know how you feel

This whole experience has been so overwhelming. On thursday last week I was just excited to have mike home and looking forward to christmas and spending time with my family and friends. Worried about things like loosing weight and getting all the christmas presents. Still having my ups and downs about Zoey but feeling more at peace with everything. It's amazing how one week can change so much.

 I am happy Scarlett gets to come home for Christmas and things will be as normal as they can be. Her Biopsy went well today and she seemed to be recovering well when i left the hospital today. We are all realistic about getting the results but there is hope that a miracle will happen and it won't be what the doctors think it is.

"I know how you feel" can be so hard to hear sometimes. Today my sister and I were walking down the hall in the hospital and a mom holding a newborn baby was wheeled by in a wheelchair. My sister turned to me and said "I now know kinda how you feel when you see a new baby." It was hard to hear not becuase it was insensitive or anything it just made me sad that my sister is going through all of this. I would never want anyone to have to go through what I went through. One of my baby center groups put it best, this is the worst club to have to be a part of, it's not a club anyone wants to be in. I have been very thankful for all the other people out there that are willing to share their stories and help me and pray for Scarlett. I am glad that I can be there for my sister and anyone else that is going through something like this. I thank god that he has given me the strength to be at peace with loosing zoey and wanting to help others.

No comments:

Post a Comment