Saturday, January 22, 2011

Baby and Dog Sitting

Thursday I started dog sitting for some really good friends of our. Their dog (Josie) is pretty well behaved and overall i have been enjoying having a dog around. Mike asked me if i want a dog now and i don't think so. It's fun but i am just not home enough to give a dog the attention it needs full time. Last night Josie woke me up because she had to go out so i let her out and when she came back in she ran right into my room and jumped up on the bed. I found this really funny because i hadn't let her sleep in there at all, until i noticed that her feet were muddy and now my bed had doggy prints on the sheets. Even though i was super tired i was still able to find the whole thing kinda funny and was able to go back to sleep pretty quickly, her in her bed and me in mine.

On Friday morning I went to the hospital at 8am to watch Scarlett while my sister and Chris went to Stanford. Luckily they got moved out of ICU so things were pretty chill. I was only there for about 15 minutes and the doctors started coming in to see her. First the physical therapist she just looks at Scarlett and pushes her legs, arms and checks her suck. Then i was visited by the resident who just looked at her and said yep she looks fine and left. Then came the nutritionist and a social worker. Some of the people knew i was the Aunt but some of them hadn't met Brandi before or had only seen her once and were a little confused. I kept having to tell them that i was the aunt and that her parents would be back soon. While there my mother In law came to hang out with me which was nice cause it can get a little boring in the hospital. Everything went well and I was able to get Scarlett to smile a few different times. She seems just like she did before. The only difference is she has a huge scar on her head and her eyes look left alot but not always.

Every time i take care of a baby or child it reminds me how much I want a child of my own. I feel like taking care of children is a very natural thing for me. I was feeding Scarlett when the social worker came in and she was tired and a little lazy about eating so I was un wrapping the blankets off her and getting her to eat. The Social worker said "oh wow you know all the tricks". It felt good to know even people i don't know can see it in me. even though i am nervous about getting pregnant I really can't wait.

6 comments:

  1. It's a confidence thing, the way I see it. I see it in you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to be an awesome mommy. No doubt about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a wonderful, kind and giving person, you are the perfect mom. We love how easy it was for Walter to love you and trust you. We can't wait for you to be a mom again soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet. You will love being a mom. I never wanted one till I took care of my niece and now I could not imagine my life without Leeland.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LeAnn in Fremont, CAJanuary 24, 2011 at 6:58 PM

    Lindi, I wanted to share a story from our family that may give you a bit of hope. My sister-in-law wanted a child so very badly and they began that journey back in 2003. She would get to about her 10th or 12th week and then miscarry. This happened over several years 5 times! My brother-in-law & sister-in-law began to think they might not have a child who was biologically theirs. Then we both ended up pregnant in 2006- me in late oct., her in early Jan. First we found out we were having a boy, then they found out they were having a boy! We thought: this was meant to BE because the cousins would grow up together, both boys. She made it to her 20th week and had her ultrasound, and we were sure this one was it because it had been the longest pregnancy for her to date. We were all devastated the next week, at 21 weeks, when she delivered Corey prematurely. WE couldn't understand how that could be happening, after all they had been through in the last 4 years. It didn't seem fair. The doctors told her that her cervix opened up prematurely and if she were to get pregnant again, she would need to be on bed rest and get a cerclage. With much trepidation they ended up pregnant in May of 2009, she had the cerclage done in the 14th week and I am happy to say they have a beautiful little baby girl born Feb. 12th, 2010~ She's about to celebrate her 1st birthday and I am so happy for them that after 7 long years they have a child to love and care for. I know this will happpen for you also, i feel it! You have been a great Auntie to Scarlett and I hope this story gives you hope that you too will become pregnant again and give birth to a child lucky enough to call you Mom!!! There are a lot of us who are rooting for you, your niece Scarlett, Brandi and Chris! I hope you can feel it! Prayers and Hugs to you all~ LeAnn Resh

    ReplyDelete