Saturday, January 1, 2011

The New Year

Our new years was pretty fun.I spent a few hours baking cookies and cupcakes and i made a butternut squash soup with my new immersion blender. Then We hung out with our friends kelly and julio, their daughter Lily who is 11 months old and kellys brother and friends. it was a pretty chill night. we just went out to dinner then went to kelly's brothers house and hung out and watched the boys light off fireworks. It was nice to bring in the new year with new and old friends.

My hopes for 2011 are pretty big. I hope to get pregnant and have a healthy baby, I hope my niece Scarlett gets through surgery Wednesday and gets better soon, I hope Mike gets a new better job that he likes even more,  I hope my family and friends all stay healthy and don't have to feel as much pain as 2010 brought us. Our perinatologist put it best "we are staying cautiously optimistic".

I feel like it is easier to expect the worst and hope for the best. When it comes to getting pregnant i know it might take us a while and i realize that something could go wrong again. I feel like if i prepare myself for this then it won''t be as hard to deal with if it does happen. I do look forward to being pregnant again and all things that you get to experience when having a baby but i feel like if i am expecting it to be hard and possibly end in a loss again, i will be better prepared. I also think it keeps me less stressed out about trying again if i remind myself that i have no control over when I get pregnant. It is in Gods hands and i have to trust that it will happen when we are ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment