Monday, May 9, 2011

Mothers Day..

My Mothers day was pretty low key.  I didn't really do a whole lot. I got up watched TV and went to my parents for dinner. I didn't realize that mothers day would be a little hard for me. I guess it kinda hit me Sat night that I am celebrating a mothers day without my baby here in my arms. As I was going to bed I took a minute and looked at the pictures of Zoey we have at the end of the hall outside our door.  I'm sure being pregnant and emotional doesn't make it easier but it does make me sad to think about. I keep telling myself that next year should be better. I guess I am nervous that it won't be, but as scared as I am of having another loss I am doing well with staying positive. Part of that I think is because my doctor is very positive and attentive.

Mothers day for me is probably similar to many people who have had a loss. It is a reminder that although we don't have a baby here to take care of we are all still moms. I didn't expect people to wish me a happy mothers day or anything. I know for many people who haven't been in this situation it may seem awkward or an area that people aren't sure what to say. Mike sent me a beautiful bouquet of flowers which was so thoughtful. It was a pleasant surprise when I got my first Happy Mothers day from a friend in a text message. Her message said "Happy Mothers day girl, for your angel and the one on the way". It was simple but really made me smile. It is a nice reminder that other people think of it the same way Mike and I do.

My mothers day bouquet

2 comments:

  1. Lindi,

    You don't know me but I have a baby born the same time as Scarlett and have kept up with your blog along with Scarlett's. Just wanted to say Congratulations! I'm so excited for you guys! I'm praying for you that everything will go smoothly. Happy Belated Mother's Day!
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also wanted to post since i havent really been online much and im sorry not many people wished u a happy mothers day but heres mine! Happy Mothers Day (Belated) You are a mother weather your child is here on earth or in heaven you still have a baby to call yours! I also follow Scarletts blog and have a child born a month before scarlett i check hers and your blog often :)

    Vanessa- Sept2010 BBC (new to blogging :D)

    ReplyDelete