Sunday, September 25, 2011

33 Weeks

This week I am 33 Weeks pregnant. Only one week away from the time the Dr. says they won't even worry about stopping labor if I go into it. It feels good to know that at this point I could deliver a healthy baby who might not even need to go to the NICU.

How I'm Feeling: I still have pretty bad heartburn. Luckily I can take Zantac and Tums which seems to be helping most of the time. I am still itching all over my body but other than those two things I actually feel pretty good. I am starting to feel ready to be done with pregnancy. Creating a life is an amazing experience that I feel so happy and lucky to have gotten to experience but it really takes a toll on a woman to share her body with another human. Caleb is pretty active at certain times of day but not the same times everyday which when I am wanting to sleep can get annoying. This week I started experiencing a new pregnancy symptom swollen feet and hands. My sister had lots of swelling with Scarlett and I hoped I wouldn't but Friday it hit and I have had it everyday since. Other than being annoying it doesn't really effect me too much.

Dr. Appointment: This week I saw my Dr. for my normal check up. I had an exam again and she said everything looked good. My cervix is still long and closed. I then had a blood test done at the end because there is a concern about my itching. There is a condition called Cholestasis which causes the liver to produce too much bile acid which causes itching without rashes. The blood test takes a week to come back so I am waiting to hear if this is what I have. The Dr. said if I do have it then I would be put on a medication to help reduce the acid and then I would have to be induced at 37 weeks. I am pretty anxious to find out and Mike and I are nervous because what we have read about Cholestasis is kinda scary, although the Dr. didn't act like it was that big of a deal.

Baby Preparations: Mike and I have gotten a bunch of stuff for Caleb's room but since Mike just got home Thursday we haven't put it all together soon. The furniture company called to tell me the crib and dresser are ready to be picked up so we will do that Monday. I am really excited to get all of Caleb's stuff together. I have some baby stuff already but after the baby shower next weekend we will make sure and get anything else we need. Getting baby stuff into the house really makes this whole thing feel so real. I am so excited to get to have Caleb here and to finally have and use all the things I had started looking at a year ago for Zoey.

This week is Mine and Zoey's birthdays.. I will write more about all of this later but I wanted to share that although it reminds me of a sad time in our lives I am actually not feeling sad about it. I feel so blessed to have Caleb coming into our lives and I know that his big sister Zoey is watching over us keeping us safe. I also am looking forward to my birthday trip with Mike to Half Moon Bay.

1 comment:

  1. I am a new blog follower after reading about you on your sisters blog. You and your precious little Caleb are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete