Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Life with a 3 year old

Last week Caleb turned the big 3..
 We didn't have a big party this year but we did have a family dinner with all the grandparents, his aunt and uncle and best friend/ cousin Scarlett. He loves his new train set and iPad (him and I share the iPad).

Everyday caleb is learning new things and becoming more aware of the things around us. He asks a ton of questions and really takes in the answers. He has also become a back seat driver telling me where to go and how fast I should be driving. Overall he is a very loving sweet little boy who loves to give kisses and hugs. Most moms say that the snuggles end as they get older but for now he is my little snuggle bug and I take it all in.

Being pregnant and dealing with a 3 year old can be really difficult some days. Between night terrors and growth spurts his sleeping hasn't been the best. He is also learning how to have an opinion and make it well known. Before having kids I always heard of the terrible 2's but let me tell you the threes are way worse. As much as I love seeing him grow and learn things it also makes the fights over things a bit harder and it makes it harder to distract him from throwing a fit.

As this pregnancy goes by (which feels like snail speed) I start to think about how life will be different once the twins are here. Part of me feels guilty that caleb's life is going to change so much. I know having siblings can be amazing but I worry about how much time I will have for him and how much harder things will be for me. It makes me sad that this christmas will be the last one he has without babies around. I know many moms feel this way when they get pregnant with a second child but i feel like for me its more about the fact I am having twins than just another child.

No comments:

Post a Comment