Thursday, June 2, 2011

15 and 16 weeks

These last 2 weeks have been so crazy busy. Mike came home last Wednesday, then we had my mother in laws nursing pinning ceremony on Thursday, Friday we left for the weekend for AMR (for those that don't know it is a 4 day long sea scout competition on the USS Hornet that I help organize and my scouts compete at every year). Saturday we not only had AMR but my brother in law graduated high school. Then Sunday night I ended up only getting about 1 hour of sleep on the floor of the office I was in all day because I was helping finish the scoring for the entire event. I got home Monday around 11am and slept most of the day.

Tuesday I had a Dr. Appointment, nothing major just a normal check up. The Dr checked the babies heartbeat and then checked my cervix. She said everything is looking really good so far. As she was trying to get the heartbeat the baby kept moving all around. It took her a few minutes but she was able to get a good reading. I was hoping she wouldn't get one because she would then do an ultrasound. Oh well I have my 20 week ultrasound scheduled for June 23 and that's my next Dr appointment as well. I am hoping it will be another 3D ultrasound like my first one was. I would never pay to have one done but having the Dr. just do one is really cool to see.

So far I have only gained about 3lbs. Which the Dr said is fine. I just haven't had a huge appetite. I am sure I eat enough I just have to kind of force myself to eat some days.

The things I have been dealing with lately is where I want to deliver this baby. I am dead set on keeping with my Dr. until 37 weeks. I figure if she put the cerclage in I want her to be the one to take it out. I have a choice after that to go to a different facility for delivery. I would have to fin a Dr willing to take me on after my cerclage comes out that delivers at the facility I would like to go to. My hesitation about delivering at LPCH is mainly due to not wanting to end up sharing a room with someone else after I deliver. I know some people feel this is a silly thing to worry about but I can't stop thinking about it. I know if there are any complications or if the baby comes at all early I will want to be at LPCH but if everything is normal I really don't want to be there. I can't imagine being stuck in a room with someone else who could make it miserable for me and my baby. I also know that there are 2 hospitals that are way nicer and just as far or closer to my house. It may sound stupid but I feel like if I am going to have to pay so much to be there then I want to make sure it is the best experience possible. I go back and forth on this a lot and just can't make up my mind on what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment