Tuesday, June 7, 2011

17 Weeks

Today I have been pregnant for 121 days. According to my what to expect iphone app my baby is the size of a sweet potato.

I really can't wait to find out if it is a boy or a girl. Everyone keeps asking me and I hope to know in the next few weeks. Mike and I have been discussing names for both so when we find out we will have a name picked out already.

So far I have been feeling pretty good, just the normal pregnancy stuff like being tired all the time. My appetite is still kind of low but I'm sure that will get better soon. I was feeling lucky because I went a few weeks without having to get up in the middle of the night but that ship has long sailed and I have to get up every night now. Next week I will try to post a picture of me now that I am showing.

Tonight I was watching The Secret Life of The American Teenager. It's not a usual show I watch but since there was nothing else on I got caught up on the last couple episodes. On the show one of the girls was pregnant and at 35ish weeks she lost the baby. Mike had just happened to walk in the room when they were explaining what had happened and I just couldn't help but cry. I know it is hard to see other people loose babies but I also think my hormones played a large roll in that one. Being pregnant this time around is definitely harder than last time. I feel like I am constantly waiting for something to go wrong. It isn't physically harder just emotionally. As I wait for my best friend to call to say she is at the hospital in labor I can't help but wonder if I will get to that point this time. It is such an exciting time with her I just try to look forward to getting to have that too.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Lindi,
    I have been following your blog and incidently live around the palo alto area. I lost a baby around 17 weeks which my OB was due to IC. I have lost confidence in my OB and havent found a person who I trust yet.
    Can you provide your recommendations for the doctors at LPCH/Stanford?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry it took a while to get back to you. I really like my doctor. Her name is Deirdre Lyell. She is really nice and spends a lot of time talking to you and explaining everything. Even during exams she explains everything she is doing and what she is able to tell from it. On Thursday I will be seeing a different Dr because mine is on vacation so I can let you know what I think of him after that..The OB clinic is just across the street from LPCH so your doctor is close if needed.

    ReplyDelete