Thursday, August 18, 2011

27 Weeks

Wow I have been so busy the last couple of weeks. My scout group went on their annual week long summer cruise to the delta. I wasn't able to go on the whole cruise but I did drive up with Leslie on Tuesday and then I spent the weekend out there as well. It was nice to get away and I got a little tan too. I did miss getting to swim all around and going out on the ski boat. This is the second summer I haven't been able to go wake boarding. Hopefully next summer I will get a chance.  In the week before they left I was planning the meals for the cruise and then did the shopping for them. On top of all of this Mike was gone for almost 7 weeks this time. His ship moved from Louisiana to Oregon and he stayed for the 21 day sail through the panama canal. He finally got home Monday this week and with time being limited we have been busy since I picked him up from the airport. 

It feels great to be 27 almost 28 weeks pregnant already. Caleb is very active sometimes and today he was really bouncing around all over the place. Mike got to feel him move yesterday which was pretty exciting for him. Overall I feel pretty good, nothing too miserable. I am still tired all the time which I hope will get better but I doubt it will. I sleep ok, some nights I sleep really well and others I barely get any rest. My stomach seems to grow more and more each day. Luckily I have only gained about 13 lbs so far. I hope not to gain too much more and the Dr said I don't have to, but I'm sure I will gain some. I had a check up yesterday with the Dr. They checked my cervix and said everything was looking really good. It seems silly to keep having Appointments every 2 weeks especially because they are really quick and simple but I kind of like hearing how well things are going all the time.

Mike and I are currently working on Caleb's room.  We picked out and purchased the paint and the new baseboards. Mike is doing most of the work because he doesn't want me to be around the paint and things. We also started and did most of the work on our baby registries. We opted to have two registries. One at babies R us and one on amazon.com for the things we can't get at Babies R us. I still need to order the crib but I plan to do that this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment